Tacoma’s historic Cheney Stadium is hosting the 2017 Triple-A All-Star Game for the first time on Wednesday, July 12. The stadium is home of the beloved Tacoma Rainiers, the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. The game brings together the top players and fan favorites from the Pacific Coast League and the International League.
Fans, media members, and club management/coaches all voted on their favorite picks to send to the annual event. The winning league earns bragging rights and the home-field advantage in the Triple-A championship game.
The All-Star fun starts with the Triple-A Home Run Derby on Monday, July 10, the yearly home run hitting contest that features three All-Stars from each league competing for the Home Run Derby Championship Belt.
Triple-A All-Star Game Info
- Game will be broadcast live on MLB Network and MiLB.TV on July 12 at 6:05 p.m. PDT
- Game will be available on the MiLB First Pitch app
- Shuttle Express is the game’s official transportation partner
Get Your Triple-A All-Star Game Tickets and Transportation
Buy tickets and get information for the Triple-A Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game at tacomarainiers.com.
Shuttle Express is proud and honored to be the official transportation partner of the Triple-A All-Star Game. Shuttle Express drives you to the airport or anywhere! We’re Puget Sound’s choice for individual and corporate transportation, getting busy people where they need to go, safely and on time in our sedans, limos, coaches, and private vans.
- 14- to 55-passenger coaches for group and executive transportation to any event, business or pleasure (group trip to Cheney Stadium, anyone?)
- Black car service featuring sedans, SUVs, and limos for individual and executive airport or hourly service
- Private van service, to the airport or anywhere
- Shared van service to and from Sea-Tac Airport
Our professional, friendly drivers arrive on time and deliver you safely to your destination—no stress, no hassle, no problem. So, if you need airport or hourly service, relax and let Shuttle Express handle the traffic. Book airport service now at shuttleexpress.com.
Looking for a stress-free ride to see your favorite baseball team?
Contact us at 425-981-7096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations, Cheney Stadium and Tacoma Rainiers!
Planning travel for your executive team is often a critical part of an administrative professional’s job, but it’s not always easy juggling complicated travel details for others. The executive transportation coordinators with Seattle’s Shuttle Express offered their top five travel hacks and tips for keeping your busy executive’s business travel stress free and organized.
Use a Travel Planning Master Checklist
Save time by creating a master checklist to use every time you plan travel—add to it when a new situation or question comes up, and you’ll soon have a complete checklist that covers your executive team’s specific travel needs. Make sure any planner in your company uses the same checklist.
To get you started, here are standard questions to include:
- What are the executive’s flight and hotel preferences?
- Where and when are meetings and events scheduled?
- Does the executive require WiFi on board?
- Does the executive prefer private car service?
- What specific information does the executive need for each meeting or event?
Create a Master Itinerary
Once you’ve booked everything, pull together the information in one document. This brings order to numerous travel details, especially if it’s a complicated trip with several components. The best way to present this is usually chronologically: what happens first, second, third, and so on. Here’s our advice on creating a simple, clear master itinerary:
- Import all travel information into the traveler’s calendar.
- Assemble boarding passes, confirmations, and contact info in one itinerary document. You may need to scan these in or create pdfs of some documents and merge them into one.
- Proofread it thoroughly.
- Provide a printed version as well as a digital itinerary in case there’s a glitch in technology (no reception, dead battery, lost mobile phone, etc.).
Prepare a Corporate Travel Crib Sheet
Predict the needs of your traveler before they happen—what info will she/he need during the trip? Create a simple cheat sheet with extra information on things such as:
- Background on the meeting topics
- Bios on the people your executive is meeting/working with (Google each one, for example, or pull LinkedIn info for background)
- Helpful info on the location, if applicable, such as weather forecast or events happening in the area.
Take the Pain Out of Meeting Reports
Simply your executive’s reporting process, if possible. For example, create a “call report” template she/he can use to quickly record information following the meeting or event.
Create an Executive Travel Packet
Merge everything you’ve created into an Executive Travel Packet designed to keep your executive on time, productive, and stress free. Here’s an overview of what to include:
- Master Itinerary, including flight times, airlines, flight numbers; hotel reservation number, contact information, and check in/out times; private car service company info, reservation number, contact number
- Meeting and event details, including times, locations, contact info for main meeting organizer, and appropriate attire
- Corporate Travel Crib Sheet
- Call Report template
Need Experienced, Reliable Executive Transportation?
Shuttle Express drives you to the airport or anywhere! We’re Seattle’s choice for corporate transportation, getting busy people where they need to go, safely and on time. Shuttle Express has it all—sedans, limos, coaches, and private vans.
Our professional, friendly drivers arrive on time, handle your luggage, and deliver you safely to your destination—no stress, no hassle, no problem. So, if your company needs executive transportation, both airport or hourly service, relax and call Shuttle Express at 425-981-7095 or go to shuttleexpress.com for information.
Family reunions bring people together, build memories, and strengthen family bonds, but they take work! Seattle’s Shuttle Express has been the transportation answer for many reunions over the past 30 years—extended families, military reunions, class reunions, any type of gathering you can think of. We’ve done some research and pulled together 10 online resources to help you throw a stress-free, fun-filled reunion of your own. Enjoy!
The key to an organized event is planning, whether it’s a five-day shebang with hundreds of folks streaming in from around the country or a low-key affair on a Sunday afternoon. We found scads of sites dedicated to helping plan, but here are a few we liked:
- GatheredAgain.com has a handy check-list.
- RealSimple.com offers advice for everything from when to start planning to what type of event suits what type of group. Lots of info here.
- GroupTravel.org has some basic tips for first-time planners.
Organizing an event involving several families gets complicated, so use technology to simplify communications and planning. Create a family reunion website to ensure everyone gets the same info. Groups texts and email blasts are other obvious ways to disseminate information.
Choose Your Location
Deciding where to have your reunion might be easy—the fun will happen in your backyard, or maybe the local park. If your group is adventurous with a generous budget, though, here are some interesting vacation spots to consider. Want to travel internationally? Check out these unexpected locations.
Food Brings Everyone Together
Sharing meals is often one of the main events at family reunions, but it also can be the most stressful part of planning. Depending on the size and budget of your group, the best option may be to go potluck or better yet, catered for the main meals so not everything falls on just a few people. Another idea is to appoint a food “committee” or have a different family be responsible for a certain meal. If you need help knowing how much food to prepare, here’s a guide. RealSimple.com offers three menus—BBQ, Italian, and Mexican-inspired to give you some inspiration if you’re on the food committee.
Let the Games Begin
Plan some activities for the group to break the ice and get people engaged and moving. HowItWorks.com offers up 10 family reunion game ideas ranging from the old standards, like tug of war, to games you develop, like family trivia. Activities like this help create memories, so don’t skip this one.
Don’t forget transportation. Shuttle Express will drive your group to the airport or anywhere with friendly, safe chartered bus transportation you can trust. Shuttle Express has it all—sedans, SUVs, limos, vans, plus chartered buses for group transportation. Our professional, friendly drivers make sure you arrive safely and on time, so you can enjoy your family. Contact our helpful coordinators at email@example.com, or get info and book online at shuttleexpress.com.
Living near one of the country’s thriving wine regions is a privilege for us in the Pacific Northwest, and having wine tour company Barrel Wine Tours to guide us through all those delicious tastings is another. Shuttle Express partners with Barrel Wine Tours to bring guests to Woodinville in comfortable transportation so they can sit back, sip wine, have fun … and relax.
Washington State is the second largest premium wine producer in the U.S. and boasts an extremely high number of 90+ scoring wines (that means they’re of the highest quality). Woodinville is about 30 minutes from Seattle, home to more than 100 wineries and tasting rooms ranging from a grand chateau to a tiny garage. Cindy Lawson founded Barrel Wine Tours in 2009, drawing on her background as a marketer, professionally-trained chef, winery owner (she owns Covington Cellars) and business woman to launch the company. To read more about Cindy’s vision for the company, check out this recent article at Kabbage’s small business blog.
Barrel Wine Tours is not your average tour company. It’s a co-op of more than 30 Washington wineries working together to offer guests all-inclusive educational and entertaining tours. BWT’s professional tour guides share the history of the wine and its production and offer cellar tours of the wineries, introducing guests to the winemakers themselves, who offer tastings of their latest releases.
BWT hosts private, guided wine experiences for groups of 8 to 200 guests, both corporate and personal, with options including an afternoon of wine tasting, an elegant lunch or dinner at a winery, or even a workshop where everyone can blend and bottle their own wine.
Here’s what you can expect on one of their popular private tours:
- Visit 3-to-4 boutique wineries and taste 4-to-5 wines at each winery.
- Meet the winemakers and tour their cellars, sampling wines from the barrels.
- Learn from a knowledgeable, entertaining guide.
- Relax in luxury transportation.
- Some tours feature gourmet, multi-course meals.
To book a private tour with Barrel Wine Tours, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To forego the tour and enjoy chauffeured service from spot to spot, contact us–we can help! Shuttle Express offers black car/limousine service and private charters for any event, including private wine tasting. Our professional chauffeurs are trained, insured, and drug tested for your safety and security. We will take care of the driving, traffic, and parking hassles so you can sip without worry. Reach us at email@example.com.
Seafair is back for its 68th year, welcoming summer and celebrating Seattle!
The iconic celebration kicks off 10 weeks of festival fun, community events, and fast boats on Wednesday, June 14, at Westlake Park, culminating with the much-anticipated Seafair weekend and Log Boom, Aug. 4-6, at Genesee Park on Lake Washington.
Plan Now for Seafair Weekend
Seafair weekend is the peak of Seattle’s summer for many, with boat races, aerobatic performers overhead and live music. Want a front row seat to the action? Join the celebration on Lake Washington’s Log Boom, where you can park your boat and relax. But plan early and secure your boat’s spot soon. The year, you can reserve your log boom spot directly on Seafair.com.
Getting to the Log Boom
Make your Seafair weekend completely stress-free—let us drive. We’ll pick you up on your schedule and get you to the Log Boom (or any Seafair event!) and back home again, safely and worry-free. Shuttle Express offers black car/limousine service and private charters for events like this, when you want to kick back and enjoy yourself without worrying about driving after a few alcoholic beverages. Let Shuttle Express take care of the driving, traffic, and parking hassles so you can enjoy Seafair! Reach us at our Shuttle Express sales office for more info.
More Seafair 2017 ‘Can’t Miss’ Events
- Seafair Kickoff, June 14, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Westlake Park
- Alaska Airlines Rock ‘n’ roll Seattle Marathon & ½ Marathon, June 17-18, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; info and sign up at RunRocknRoll.com/Seattle
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Seafair Summer 4th, July 4, Gas Works Park and Lake Union Park; day of fun and live music, ending with a spectacular fireworks show over Lake Union
- Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade, July 29, 7:30 p.m., downtown Seattle, open and reserved seating available
- Seafair Weekend, Aug 4 – Aug 6, Genesee Park on Lake Washington and various locations, featuring the Boeing Seafair Air Show, Albert Lee Appliance Cup, Hyperlite Seafair Wakeboard Experience, and the Graham Trucking Seafair Cup
Seattle’s Transportation Choice
As Seattle’s transportation experts, our professional, friendly drivers have been getting people where they need to go for nearly 30 years, safely and on time. We’re best known for our iconic Sea-Tac Airport van service, but we do so much more—luxury cars, large and small coaches, private vans.
Wherever you need to go, our experienced, caring team will make it happen. Book online at shuttleexpress.com.
Transportation is often the last thing on the list when planning your executive transportation, vacation, or conference, even though it’s a critical piece of your plan.
We’ve all seen the headlines about passengers getting hurt, risking their safety, or finding themselves in uncomfortable situations with transportation options that aren’t regulated and/or aren’t following the laws meant to keep riders safe. At Shuttle Express, we care about our riders, their safety, and their comfort. As Seattle’s local transportation experts, our professional, friendly drivers have been getting people where they need to go since 1987, safely and on time. We launched our transportation service on the core values of safety, integrity, respect and care with our guests’ well-being as the priority.
We don’t just talk about safety, we invest our time, money, and efforts daily into a safe and caring service. Here are a few of the ways we keep you, our valued riders, safe and secure:
- Adhering to all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Checking every driver’s background.
- Drug-testing every driver upon hiring and randomly throughout their employment.
- Training drivers in intense classroom and on-the-road safety and customer service programs, with quarterly safety seminars.
- Conducting a multi-point safety check on each vehicle before it leaves our lot. If even one point doesn’t pass, the vehicle doesn’t go into service until it’s corrected.
- Maintaining a clean, smoke-free fleet, with each vehicle scheduled for preventive maintenance.
- Carrying robust insurance on every vehicle in the fleet, well beyond what is required by law.
- Installing a DriveCam unit in each vehicle, which monitors and records unsafe driving events and accidents.
So, if you need to get from point A to point B, you can count on Shuttle Express for trusted, safe, and reliable individual or chartered transportation for business or pleasure. No guessing what type of driver will show up or if the vehicle is safe and insured, because now you know about all the work behind the scenes that goes into our safety and guest service programs.
We maintain an expansive fleet of mini and motor coaches for bus charters, private vans, sedans, and SUVs, perfect for airport transfers, executive transportation, and point-to-point private service. We’ve got any-sized vehicle you need! Check out our website at shuttleexpress.com to see everything we do, and easily book online.
We look forward to driving you. Safe travels!
Packing Advice from Professional Cruisers
Packing for a cruise may seem overwhelming, especially if you’re a newbie embarking on your first voyage. To help, we’ve compiled a short list of five useful items to toss (neatly) in your cruise trunk. These random household items may sound unconventional, but cruisers who have sailed before you advise packing duct tape, straws, a power strip, shoe organizer, and air freshener. Here’s why:
Duct tape saves the day in many situations, even cruising. Make sure your cruise line is okay with duct tape, though, which may leave an adhesive residue. Check your information or call the cruise line. Here are just a few of its many uses on the ship, according to the experts over at Cruise Critic:
- Repair broken flip flops
- Use in place of expensive towel clips when securing your beach towel on a chair poolside
- Tame a clingy, annoying cabin shower curtain by taping it in place on the wall
Drinking straws offer a simple solution to keeping necklaces tidy and knot-free. Thread your necklaces through and then clasp them. Cut them to size, if needed.
An over-the door hanging shoe organizer is a great way to store toiletries and keep the little stuff you need all in one place. Get a clear one so you can easily see what you’ve got.
An extra power strip is a good idea since cabins are typically light on outlets, especially on older ships. But check with your cruise line. Usually, power-surge protected strips are a no-no, and the allowable strips should only have one or two outlets. Perhaps bring two.
Air freshener could be the best suggestion of all—think of your tiny cabin bathroom without ventilation. It’s a probability, so be prepared with your own freshener to keep your space pleasant.
Need Cruise Transportation?
Start and end your cruise vacation with comfortable, convenient private or shared transportation to/from the piers with Shuttle Express. As Seattle’s local airport and private transportation experts, our professional, friendly team has been at the wheel for nearly 30 years, keeping our guests safe, on time, and stress-free.
We pick you up at your destination, get you to the ship on time, and even handle your luggage. Choose from black car, private or shared van, or coach service. Then sit back and relax, our experienced team will take care of you.
What to Look for When Hiring a Chartered Bus
Hiring a charter bus company can seem like a daunting task, but if you ask the right questions it can be downright simple.
Whether you’re in charge of transporting all 500 of your company’s employees or just getting your kid’s soccer team to the next match, you have the same goal: finding safe, affordable, comfortable chartered bus transportation you can rely on. Here are key questions to ask when chartering a bus to ensure you get what you want without paying too much:
- What is the company’s Department of Transportation (DOT) inspection rating? The DOT rates transportation companies—ensure your choice is rated “satisfactory” (the best rating).
- Does the company comply with all driver regulations? An example is the amount of time a driver is legally allowed to drive during a 24-hour period. Ensure the company complies.
- Are the drivers background checked and drug tested? You want to know your driver is safe and sober.
- Does the company maintain full insurance and valid, up-to-date licensing?
- How long have they been in business? An established charter company has probably served thousands of customers and has earned a solid reputation, either good or poor.
- Do they have a current list of references? Make sure to get references and check them.
- How large is the fleet? What options are available if the passenger count changes?
- How old are the coaches? But remember, coaches are built to run for many years when well-maintained, so an older fleet isn’t necessarily a negative. In addition, ask how the vehicles have been maintained.
- What are the amenities available? This includes restrooms, wheelchair lifts, etc.
- Can I stop by and see the vehicles? If you can, do a site visit to see the fleet and meet your contact.
- What is included in the price—fuel surcharges, gratuities, driver accommodations? Make sure you know what you’re paying for.
- Ask about service time overages and how that is handled.
Charter Bus Rental Made Easy
Seattle’s Shuttle Express knows a lot about group and executive transportation—we’ve been getting groups of all sizes from point A to point B for 30 years with our extensive fleet of coach buses, shuttles, and luxury vehicles.
The Shuttle Express team is proud of our service—our core values start with safety and our service depends on our professional, friendly drivers and a well-maintained fleet. We background check and drug test all drivers, we’re fully licensed and insured, and we comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. But just as importantly, we care about our clients and work hard to provide an exceptional transportation experience with every trip.
Whether it’s driving your group to Sea-Tac and back or transporting your office team of 150 to a group event in well-appointed chartered buses, our experienced, caring team will make it happen. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June means the start of summer in a good chunk of North America—school’s out and everyone’s ready to vacate to somewhere amazing for a few weeks. But while June brings pleasant weather here, if you’re planning an international escape it’s wise to make sure where you’re going is equally as lovely. Here are five gorgeous destinations that are just right in June.
June is a relatively quiet month in Beijing with fewer visitors than usual since few if any Chinese holidays or celebrations happen this month. The Great Wall and other tourist draws are less crowded which means it’s a bit cheaper to travel there. June is the start of summer in Beijing, and the weather is usually mild. Travel + Leisure lists it as a one of its best places to travel in June.
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
Want to stay closer to home? Colorado’s Rocky Mountain National Park is another recommendation from T+L. Early summer brings flowering trees and shrubs, with wildlife emerging which makes this national park a must-see. In addition to backpacking, hiking, and camping, you’ll find festivals and other events nearby for summer fun of all types.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Punta Cana gets little rain in June and enjoys temps averaging 89 degrees, perfect weather to enjoy the white sandy beaches. What’s even better, resort and activity rates are low in June. Don’t wait, though, since the crowds usually hit in July and August. Check out Price of Travel for more info.
Summer in Hawaii is crowded, no question, but if summer is your only chance to visit this tropical destination, it’s best to go early in the season, and that means June. Early June is a good option, since it’s the end of the off-season; make sure to book your travel early, no matter when you go. Frommer’s offers travel tips to help you plan.
Fiji ranks as a favorite destination for many, and June is a great time to enjoy the beaches, resorts, and tropical vibe. Sunshine is abundant with temps typically in the 80s. Peak season is July through September, so if you can sneak in a trip in June, you’ll avoid the crowds and steep rates.
Getting to the Airport
Need a ride to Sea-Tac Airport for your getaway? Shuttle Express is here for you. As Seattle’s individual and executive transportation experts, our professional, friendly team has been at the wheel for nearly 30 years, keeping our guests safe, on time, and stress-free. Whether it’s driving you to Sea-Tac and back in a town car or private shuttle, or transporting your office team of 50 to a group event in a well-appointed chartered bus, our experienced team will make it happen. It’s easy to book online at shuttleexpress.com or connect with us at email@example.com.
We’re all about making travel enjoyable, simple, and as stress-free as possible, so our Shuttle Express travel team went in search of useful travel apps that can actually help you, from packing to translating. Here’s a rundown of a few cool options to try, all available for iOS and Android:
Got some time to kill during a long layover? LoungeBuddy gives you access to 170 airport lounges worldwide on a pay-by-use basis, where you can freshen up, relax with a beverage, or bring the family to those locations with designated kid rooms. If you have more than a few hours to fill though, consider heading to Seattle for the day.
AroundMe gives you information on businesses and services near you—it pinpoints where you are and lets you search for the nearest restaurants, banks and gas stations, just about anything you need when you’re traveling or visiting unfamiliar territory.
Hopper is a flight-booking app that does it all (or close to it): when you search your flight, it gets you the best price–it tells you to book now or to wait, notifying you as soon as the price drops; then, you book the flight on your phone. Easy booking at the best price.
Packpoint makes packing a cinch with its automatically-generated packing list. Enter your destination, travel dates, plus details about what you’ll be doing, and Packpoint spits out your organized list, which is simple to change if it misses the mark.
Prey is a free anti-theft solution that helps you find your devices if they are lost or stolen. It wipes your data, locks down the device, and triggers an alarm, even taking photos of anyone using your device.
- Google Translate
Google Translate isn’t new, but it’s an easy, useful tool for both offline and real-time translation. Just download the language you need, point your camera at the text in question, and you’ve got your translation.
Need a Ride?
Shuttle Express drives you to the airport or anywhere with friendly, safe transportation you can trust. Shuttle Express has it all–town cars, SUVs, limos, vans, plus bus charters for group and executive transportation. Our professional, friendly drivers make sure you arrive safely and on time, for business or pleasure. Book online at shuttleexpress.com.