If you’re leaving town for spring break this year, planning ahead could save you time and headaches. Usually, the height of spring break vacation days means long lines at Sea-Tac Airport, so get organized now and plan ahead for a smooth flight out.
Our best tip? Skip airport traffic and ride Shuttle Express! We drive you to the airport or anywhere with friendly, safe transportation you can trust. Shuttle Express has convenient private airport service with town cars, SUVs, vans, even coaches, as well as our dependable share ride service. Our friendly chauffeurs make sure you arrive safely and on time, no stress needed. And it’s easy to use us: book online at shuttleexpress.com, then we arrive at your door, handle your luggage, and get you to your flight on time.
Here’s more great advice from the folks at the TSA and Port of Seattle:
- Check weather and airline issues: Flight delays can happen due to unexpected computer or weather problems. Don’t get stuck at the airport without checking weather in Seattle and your arrival city along with your flight status first.
- Arrive early: Consider adding time in your travel plans for traffic, parking, rental car returns and airline check-in. Arrive two hours prior to your flight departure time for domestic travel and three hours for international flights.
- Check airport monitors for checkpoint times: Monitors in the ticketing area show which checkpoints have the shortest wait times. A brief walk may save time in line.
- Include your Known Traveler Number in your airline reservation: If you have enrolled in TSA Pre✓®, Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI, be sure you include your Known Traveler Number in your airline reservation. This will make you eligible for TSA Pre✓® on a consistent basis. TSA Pre✓® passengers flying on any of 30 participating airlines do not need to remove their shoes, laptops, liquids, belts or light jackets at airports nationwide. TSA at SEA operates a dedicated security checkpoint for TSA Pre✓® passengers. Look for it at checkpoint 4, behind the Alaska Airlines ticket counter.
- Tweet or Message AskTSA: Unsure if an item is allowed through security? Questions about security screening procedures? Get live assistance by tweeting your questions and comments to @AskTSA or via Facebook Messenger, weekdays from 5 a.m. PDT to 7 p.m. PDT and weekends from 6 a.m. PDT to 4 p.m. PDT. You can also reach the TSA Contact Center at 866-289-9673.
- Prepare for security: Have a valid ID and boarding pass readily available, and remove large electronics, including laptops and liquids bag from carry-on baggage. Avoid over packing your carry-on bag. Consider checking bags when feasible.
- Follow the liquids rule: Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces or less and all containers must fit inside a single quart-size plastic bag and be placed in a bin for carry-on baggage screening. This includes sun block and tanning lotions.
- Call TSA Cares: Travelers or families of passengers with disabilities and/or medical conditions may call the TSA Cares helpline toll free at 855-787-2227 at least 72 hours prior to flying with any questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint as well as arrange for assistance at the checkpoint.
Safe travels from Shuttle Express!
Playing the Driving Game? Choose Safety First!
When booking your ride, make sure you’re choosing a safe, reputable company that puts your safety first.
As Seattle’s local transportation experts, our professional, friendly team has been at the wheel for 30 years, keeping our guests safe, on time, and stress-free.
- All drivers are trained, drug screened, and background checked.
- All vehicles are well-maintained and adhere to state and federal rules and regulations.
- Shuttle Express is fully insured for your protection.
So skip traffic and ride Shuttle Express! We drive you anywhere with safe, friendly transportation you can trust. Shuttle Express has it all–sedans, SUVs, limos, vans, plus coaches for group transportation. Book online and save 5%.
PSA produced by the National Limousine Association (NLA) and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC).
If you’ve got a 24-hour layover at Sea-Tac Airport and want ideas on how to spend it, we have suggestions. Our Shuttle Express team has nearly 30 years of experience helping travelers get places safely and on time both to/from the airport and around town, so we know the greater Seattle area well.
Located about 13 miles from Sea-Tac Airport, Seattle is under 30 minutes away if traffic is kind to you. This is a good time to mention it—factor in extra time for traffic. For easy, private transportation, book black car service with Shuttle Express. We’ll take you to your attractions and get you back in time for check-in.
Here are our suggestions, which aren’t “off the beaten path,” but are the main attractions you shouldn’t miss as a new visitor.
Whether rain or drizzle (possibly even shine!), taking in the Seattle Waterfront is a must. Enjoy iconic restaurants such as Ivar’s, Elliott’s Oyster House, or Six Seven for waterfront dining. But before dining, take a spin on the Great Wheel — it’s the west coast’s largest observation wheel and towers 175 feet tall above Pier 57. Open year-round, you’ll enjoy a 10- to 15-minute ride high above the pier with outstanding views of the city, Elliott Bay, and beyond.
Pike Place Market
Since its opening day in August 1907, Pike Place Market has been the heart of downtown Seattle, drawing the community together with its famous market, vibrant shops, and eclectic mix of cultures. The Market is a must-see/must-experience for a visitor looking for a true Seattle vibe.
Perhaps the number one attraction in the city, the Space Needle offers 360 degree views from 500-feet above ground in the Observation Deck. Enjoy the 41-second ride up the elevator and take in the views of the Cascades, Mt. Rainier, Elliott Bay, and the busy city below your feet.
Established in 1852, Pioneer Square is considered Seattle’s original neighborhood—stroll around, there’s much to see and experience. Don’t miss the parks: Waterfall Garden Park, Pioneer Park, and Occidental Square Park. Visit King Street Station and enjoy the recent renovation that revived this architectural beauty.
As Seattle’s local transportation experts, we’re best known for our trusted Sea-Tac Airport van service, but we do so much more—luxury cars, large and small coaches, private vans. We partner with corporations, hotels, meeting planners, or anyone who needs reliable, comfortable transportation with a friendly attitude.
Reach us at email@example.com.
Traveling safely doesn’t need to be complicated, and in most cases, it’s a matter of using common sense and staying aware of your surroundings. Whether you’re traveling for business or for pleasure, check out our top tips to stay safe:
- Know Your Transportation Company
When choosing airport transportation in a new city, do your homework and choose a reputable company. Before getting into a vehicle, check that it is in good condition with working seat belts. Shuttle Express, Seattle’s transportation experts for 30 years, is a great example of a safe bet. They make your safety the number one priority with trained, drug-tested and background-checked drivers, well-maintained vehicles, robust insurance, and safety procedures for every situation.
- Keep a Copy of Your Passport
Your passport is critical when traveling internationally, so ensure you have a copy: scan it, e-mail it to yourself, and even take a photo of it with your mobile phone. When it’s secured in your hotel safe, you’ll still have access to your information and replacing it will be simpler in case it is lost or stolen.
- Verify Guests
If someone knocks on your hotel door claiming to be hotel staff, call the front desk before you open the door to verify the housekeeping or maintenance staff needs access to your room.
- Protect Your Valuables
Secure your laptop with a lock. Choose clothing with discreet compartments where you can carry cash, a bank card, and other essential items you can’t afford to lose or have stolen. Special travel pants with hidden zippered pockets and travel pouches worn under your jacket are good options.
- Fake It
It may seem overboard, but consider carrying a “decoy” wallet, especially when traveling internationally in areas known for higher crime rates. Use an old wallet stashed with a small amount of cash, some old IDs, and an expired credit card. Have it easily available to hand over in case you’re robbed.
As Seattle’s local transportation experts, our professional, friendly drivers have been getting people where they need to go for nearly 30 years, safely and on time. We’re best known for our iconic Sea-Tac Airport van service, but we do so much more—luxury cars, large and small coaches, private vans.
We partner with corporations, hotels, meeting planners, or anyone who needs reliable, comfortable transportation with a friendly attitude. Whether your company needs VIP black car service, or group transportation for 40 of your favorite colleagues, our experienced, caring team will make it happen. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seattle’s music scene is hopping again this year, with top acts coming to town including U2, Santana, John Legend, and Lady Gaga. Shuttle Express’s private transportation coordinators pulled together a few of their favorite artists, concert series, and venues for you, just to make sure you didn’t miss anything!
We coordinate private car, limo, and coach reservations for numerous clients going to events like concerts, sporting events, and special nights’ out. Our trusted black car service gets you there safely and on time, with professionally-trained, insured, and drug-tested chauffeurs who’ve been thoroughly vetted by our safety team. Make sure you enjoy your concert—skip the traffic, parking nightmares, and teetotaling—we’ll drive so you can relax.
Here are our recommendations:
U2 is back on tour celebrating the 30th anniversary of their legendary Joshua Tree album and the 40th year as a band. See them at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, on May 14, 2017.
- Summer Concert Series at Chateau Ste. Michelle
The Summer Concert Series at Chateau Ste. Michelle has been delighting audiences with live performances for 50 years, and this year it promises not to disappoint with Santana and John Legend topping the line-up.
- Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga embarks on her world tour in 2017, performing at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, August 5, 2017.
- Marymoor Park Concerts – Sturgill Simpson
Don’t miss this annual concert series, featuring Grammy-winner Sturgill Simpson on Sept. 30, 2017.
- Seattle Symphony
If you haven’t taken in a performance lately, check out their concert dates, pick a few, and book your tickets. Enjoy their world-class music in downtown Seattle’s Benaroya Hall, one of the world’s finest concert halls.
Add chauffeured, luxury transportation to your special night. Shuttle Express offers black car/limousine service and private charters for any event; our professional chauffeurs are trained, insured, and drug tested for your safety and security. Reach us for personal booking assistance at email@example.com.
We’re always looking for new ways to enjoy our old favorites. Just for fun, our Seattle travel coordinators here at Shuttle Express went in search of some unique new coffee flavors to try. Here are the results. Enjoy!
- Baklava Latte with honey syrup – Sweet and creamy. Yum.
- Coffee with Bacon – Can’t get enough bacon in your life? Add it to your morning joe. Here’s an interesting bacon spice coffee recipe to try, if you dare.
- Pineapple Coffee Combo – Okay, technically this is a cocktail, but it’s an interesting flavor combination that involves coffee. It qualifies!
- Butter Pecan Coffee – Let’s face it, any ice cream flavor added to your coffee will probably make an outstanding drink.
- Lavender White Mocha – We’re told the folks over at Bedlam Coffee on 2nd Avenue in Seattle make an amazing version. It’s a new flavor combo for us!
- Poor Man’s Mocha – Mix black coffee with flavored hot cocoa, like mint or raspberry, or try throwing in some Nutella. Tasty, simple, and budget-friendly!
Need a ride to Sea-Tac Airport? Shuttle Express is here for you. As Seattle’s local airport and private transportation experts, our professional, friendly team has been at the wheel for nearly 30 years, keeping our guests safe, on time, and stress-free. So whether it’s driving you to Sea-Tac and back in a town car or private shuttle, or transporting your office team of 150 to a group event in well-appointed motor coaches, our experienced, caring team will make it happen. We’ll even stop for coffee.