Do what’s hard when it’s easy! That’s great advice as we head into the cold, wet months — take care of basic maintenance and preparations for your car now, before winter hits. Here at Shuttle Express, we’re always prepared and have a plan to get our guests where they need to be, to Sea-Tac Airport or anywhere, even in nasty weather.
If you need some advice to get started, here are 15 things to do to prep your vehicle for winter from the experts at AAA, Department of Homeland Security, How Stuff Works, and the National Safety Council. While some of these may sound obvious, if you’re not reminded, they may not get done. So, check these out, and you’ll be ready before the first snow flake flies!
1. Swap out your tires for winter tires with an adequate tread if your climate is particularly snowy or icy.
2. Make sure to properly inflate your tires, and never mix radials with other types.
3. Replace your regular wiper blades with a pair designed to handle snow and ice.
4. Buy windshield wiper fluid specifically made for freezing weather, and make sure your windshield fluid is always filled.
5. Check to see that your front and rear lights, and flashing hazard lights work.
6. Remember to keep your fuel tank full, don’t risk letting it get too empty. You may need a full tank if you’re stranded, need to evacuate the area, or fuel delivery near you is compromised.
7. Keep an ice scraper and snow brush in the car.
8. Pack an extra mobile phone charger so you always have it in your vehicle.
9. Program important phone numbers in your phone (vehicle services, insurance agent, someone to call in case you need help).
10. Pack hats, gloves, and blankets.
11. Pack non-perishable food that will make it through the season, such as packaged energy bars, canned nuts, dried fruits and hard candy.
12. Keep a couple of gallons of bottled water in your car.
13. Wash and wax your vehicle now before it’s subjected to salted roadways during ice and snow storms; this helps prevent corrosion.
14. Here are more items to keep in your emergency kit: shovel, bag of sand or cat litter for traction, basic tool kit, flashlight and batteries, matches in a waterproof container, and reflective triangles or flares.
15. Have a well-stocked first aid kit in your car at all times (not just during winter!).
Need a ride?
If the weather outside is frightful and you’d rather someone else drive, take Shuttle Express! Our professional, friendly drivers and chauffeurs have been at the wheel driving through good weather and bad for 30 years, getting our guests safely to their destinations. We’re best known for our iconic Sea-Tac Airport van service, but we do it all—luxury cars, large and small coaches, and private vans.
Private town car service in Seattle is more than a luxury these days, with drivers facing massive traffic congestion and meager parking options most of the time. Wasting hours sitting behind the wheel is frustrating and expensive.
Hiring a private car service is one popular solution. Consumers have many options – a quick search online gives dozens of town car companies. Before tapping the app of the newest or biggest service in town, though, consider why booking car service with Shuttle Express may be your smartest move.
More Than Shuttles
What began as a handful of Seattle airport shuttles in 1987 has grown into a full-service transportation company with vans, coaches, and an expansive fleet of luxury cars, SUVs, and limos with service to anywhere in the region.
Here are four reasons to consider Shuttle Express town car service for your next trip:
1. Safe Ride
When you step into a Shuttle Express town car or SUV, you know you’re safe and secure. Their chauffeurs are hand-picked after undergoing a rigorous selection process – they only work with trained and experienced professionals. For your safety and protection, all chauffeurs are:
- Background checked
- Drug tested
- Fully insured
2. High Level of Guest Service
Your chauffeur arrives on time and gets you safely to your destination. Going to the airport? Your chauffeur will carry your luggage, and Shuttle Express will track your flight on your return trip.
Every car is clean and well-maintained for your comfort and safety.
Rates are established with no peak pricing, so no surprises or hidden costs.
3. Licensed and Legal
Shuttle Express town cars and SUVs are legally licensed and comply with all state and federal laws and regulations
4. Easy to Book, App or By Phone
The Shuttle Express app is easy to use and allows you to book your ride in seconds. It’s simple to download and gives you important info when you need it:
- Details about your booking
- Time your driver will arrive
- Driver’s name and vehicle license number
Want to talk to a real person? Call and book with a helpful Shuttle Express agent, who will book your ride and answer any questions
Need a Ride?
If you need safe, reliable, comfortable car service to Sea-Tac Airport or anywhere in the region, book Shuttle Express town Car Service. They’ll take care of the driving, traffic, and parking hassles so you can relax. Download the app, book online, or book by phone at 425-981-7000.
Getting where you need to go isn’t always easy, especially in Seattle where traffic congestion has reached epic levels and parking spots are elusive.
We’ve got 21 ideas on how to make life better – and none involve you driving. Shuttle Express has been around for three decades, getting busy people to where they need to go, safely and on time. Our reliable airport shuttle service gets travelers to Sea-Tac and back 24-7, and our private hourly service offers something for everybody—black car service with town cars, SUVs, and limos, private vans and shuttles, and coach service for groups.
Just to show how versatile we are, here are 21 ways our service can make your driving stress a thing of the past:
- Elegant town car service for two for dinner and a show in Seattle.
- Share ride shuttle to get your family to Sea-Tac and back – children ride FREE!
- Private 10-passenger van to haul you, your bike box, golf clubs, and luggage to the airport.
- SUV private service for the office team of five to go out for lunch. No parking hassles!
- Mini coach service for 28 staffers to attend training 50 miles away. One vehicle for all.
- Motor coach service for a conference, from Seattle to Spokane. We go anywhere!
- Town car service to and from your favorite party spot – we’re your perfect designated driver.
- Private van or car service to the Big Game.
- Limo or car service for an afternoon of wine tasting in Woodinville.
- Luxury service for a weekend of wine tasting in eastern Washington, with lots of room to store purchases.
- Limo for your teen’s special prom for safe transportation all night.
- Private 10- to 55-passenger service to the ski slopes. Bring all your friends!
- Coach service for your church’s annual trip to … anywhere.
- Mini coach service to get your kid’s soccer team to/from all their games.
- Commuter program for your company – keep your employees happy with shuttle service between public transportation hubs and the office.
- Town car service for fast, easy private airport transportation.
- Coach service for your group to visit Leavenworth during the holidays.
- Private service to the Tulip Festival in the spring, just a few friends or the whole gang.
- Town car service to your favorite music venue, no worries about traffic or parking.
- Private limo service for a stress-free, safe “girls’ night out.”
- Luxury limo service for the wedding party.
So, whether you’re working hard or playing hard, make life easier with transportation by Shuttle Express. Contact our sales team at email@example.com or call 425-981-7096 and see how we can help!
Book fast, ride easy with our new Shuttle Express app
Need safe, on-time private car service? We just launched our new app that will make booking your black car service that much easier. Just book on our Shuttle Express app, then sit back and enjoy the ride!
How It Works
- Book your private black car, SUV, or exclusive van in seconds to anywhere in Puget Sound
- Track your trip
- Get fare and driver info
- Save trip details in your profile to make booking future rides that much quicker
What About Shared Shuttles and Coaches?
You’ll soon be able to book your Share Ride service on the app, but for now, book shared shuttles at shuttleexpress.com, then once it’s booked you can track your share ride trip on the app, too.
For our 14-, 28- and 55-passenger coach service, call our office at 425-981-7096 for personalized, helpful service.
Get It Now
Shuttle Express Car Service: Safe, Easy, Comfortable
- Book and track your car service on our new APP, quickly and easily.
- We get you to your meeting, event, or party and back home again, safely and worry-free
- Chauffeurs are drug tested and fully insured for your safety and peace of mind
- Shuttle Express offers black car/limousine service and private charters to get you there, safely and on time
So, let Shuttle Express take care of the driving, traffic, and parking hassles–download our new app now! Questions? We can help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-981-7000.