What to Look for When Hiring a Chartered Bus
Hiring a charter bus company can seem like a daunting task, but if you ask the right questions it can be downright simple.
Whether you’re in charge of transporting all 500 of your company’s employees or just getting your kid’s soccer team to the next match, you have the same goal: finding safe, affordable, comfortable chartered bus transportation you can rely on. Here are key questions to ask when chartering a bus to ensure you get what you want without paying too much:
- What is the company’s Department of Transportation (DOT) inspection rating? The DOT rates transportation companies—ensure your choice is rated “satisfactory” (the best rating).
- Does the company comply with all driver regulations? An example is the amount of time a driver is legally allowed to drive during a 24-hour period. Ensure the company complies.
- Are the drivers background checked and drug tested? You want to know your driver is safe and sober.
- Does the company maintain full insurance and valid, up-to-date licensing?
- How long have they been in business? An established charter company has probably served thousands of customers and has earned a solid reputation, either good or poor.
- Do they have a current list of references? Make sure to get references and check them.
- How large is the fleet? What options are available if the passenger count changes?
- How old are the coaches? But remember, coaches are built to run for many years when well-maintained, so an older fleet isn’t necessarily a negative. In addition, ask how the vehicles have been maintained.
- What are the amenities available? This includes restrooms, wheelchair lifts, etc.
- Can I stop by and see the vehicles? If you can, do a site visit to see the fleet and meet your contact.
- What is included in the price—fuel surcharges, gratuities, driver accommodations? Make sure you know what you’re paying for.
- Ask about service time overages and how that is handled.
Charter Bus Rental Made Easy
Seattle’s Shuttle Express knows a lot about group and executive transportation—we’ve been getting groups of all sizes from point A to point B for 30 years with our extensive fleet of coach buses, shuttles, and luxury vehicles.
The Shuttle Express team is proud of our service—our core values start with safety and our service depends on our professional, friendly drivers and a well-maintained fleet. We background check and drug test all drivers, we’re fully licensed and insured, and we comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. But just as importantly, we care about our clients and work hard to provide an exceptional transportation experience with every trip.
Whether it’s driving your group to Sea-Tac and back or transporting your office team of 150 to a group event in well-appointed chartered buses, our experienced, caring team will make it happen. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.