Family Fun and Fireworks around Seattle
Summer is officially here, which means firecrackers, food, and festivities are mere days away. This July is no exception! The region is packed with events to choose from, including 4th of July celebrations, beer and wine events, endless kid fun, and yummy food. Check out our short list of summer festivities compiled to help you decide just how much fun you can handle in the next few weeks.
1. Float your boat with the 40th Annual Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival—enjoy free boat rides, live music, kids’ activities, not to mention the many food and beer vendors. Admission is free, so bring the whole family from July 2nd to the 4th! Find out more here: http://cwb.org/events/festival/
2. Gear up for a night of fireworks—camp out all day at a family favorite or check out a new city:
- Bellevue – Downtown Park 10:05 p.m.
- Edmonds – Civic Stadium 10 p.m.
- Everett – Port Gardner Bay 10:20 p.m.
- Federal Way – Celebration Park 10:15 p.m.
- Kent – Lake Meridian Park 10 p.m.
- Kirkland – Marina Park 10:15 p.m.
- Lakewood – Joint Base Lewis-McChord 10 p.m.
- Newcastle – Lake Boren Park 10 p.m.
- Renton – Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park 10 p.m.
- SeaTac – Angle Lake Park 10 p.m.
- Seattle – Gas Works Park 10:20 p.m.
- Tacoma – Ruston Way 10:10 p.m.
3. Pedal to the metal! Join the 15-mile Seattle Night Ride from Peddler Brewing through Myrtle Edwards Park. Enjoy games, beer, and food trucks. Register here: https://www.cascade.org/rides-major-rides/seattle-night-ride
4. Woodland Park Zoo’s annual concert series Zoo Tunes is back, sounding better than ever! Choose from many outstanding artists throughout the summer, including artists Jeff Beck, UB40, Ziggy Marley, and Pink Martini. Buy your tickets now: http://zoo.org/zootunes#.V3VHEqI3kgs
5. Love the thrill of competitive dragon boat racing? Bring the family out to the 13th Annual Seattle Dragon Boat Festival on July 30th where each 40-foot boat is colorfully decorated and ready to rumble on South Lake Union. The festival features racing, live music, kids’ activities, and food. Find out more here: http://seattledragonboatfestival.net/at-the-festival/
–Compiled by Kimberly Kong, Sales and Marketing Coordinator