Prom night means rolling out the red carpet, celebrating with friends and creating life-long memories–you don’t want to worry about who’s driving. The transportation coordinators at Shuttle Express put together a short list of important things to look for when booking your prom limo, luxury car, or group coach. Yes, Shuttle Express has luxury vehicles! We offer a full fleet of luxury limos, black cars, and coaches to choose from, and it’s not too late to book the perfect ride for your special night.
- Choose a reputable company.
Make sure the company is registered, licensed with the state, and has the proper insurance. Shuttle Express is fully registered and licensed, insured with five times the amount required by law, and compliant in all areas of safety.
- Know your chauffeur is checked out. Choose a company that hires chauffeurs with proper training and licensing. For example, Shuttle Express does a complete background check on every chauffeur, including drug testing, so you can trust our chauffeurs are trained and fit to drive.
- Get the vehicle you want.
Ensure the vehicle you choose has the space and features you want, preferably with one or two extra seats. Do not exceed the max capacity, because that quickly gets uncomfortable. If you have a large group, check out our larger coaches that seat up to 55 of your closest friends! Economical, comfortable, and fun.
- Get the total price, including extras.
Ask if a fuel surcharge, service fees, and gratuity are included, or are you getting the base price before all the add-ons. Ask what happens if you go over your reserved time so you aren’t shocked when you see the final bill on your credit card statement.
- Set some ground rules.
Parents, you have the right to tell the chauffeured transportation company what will and will not be tolerated in the vehicle. For example:
- Ask that the chauffeur keep the privacy screen down.
- Make sure the kids know that alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden on board the vehicle.
- Give the transportation company a curfew.
- Extend the night.
Don’t forget that there almost always is a post-prom party or event. Remember to book the transportation for a few extra hours to ensure time to enjoy all the events before getting safely home.
Shopping for prom transportation in the Greater Seattle area? Shuttle Express has everything from luxury limos to large coaches, chauffeured by professional, background-checked, and drug-tested drivers. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.