Tricks to Find More Time in Your Weekend
If your two days of weekend freedom zoom by at lightning speed with little to no relaxation or fun to be had, read on for some easy, proven ways make your weekends seem just a little bit longer.
Try Something New
Instead of doing the same ‘ole stuff every weekend (Netflix binge, Chinese takeout, more Netflix), try a new activity or go somewhere you’ve never visited. There’s solid science behind this suggestion: neuroscientist David Eagleman studies the brain and our perception of time and he says your brain works harder at collecting information when you’re doing something unfamiliar. One reason may be that you’re creating a more thorough memory, which makes sense, because when you’re doing something routine you may not be as present and “in the moment” as when you’re learning a new hobby or visiting an unfamiliar location. So, expand your horizons and it may expand your weekend.
Make Tasks Serve Double-duty
This suggestion isn’t new or earth-shattering, but it’s worth noting since it really does free up time. Look at your “to-do” list for the weekend and see how many of them you can double-up. Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Work out with your family: Get your workout in and spend quality time with your family, at the same time – go for a hike with the kids, play catch, or go to the park with friends and family for a volley ball game.
- Catch up on your reading while working out or driving – audible.com offers numerous titles, or listen to your favorite podcast for information or motivation.
- Pencil in some weed-pulling or other gardening task and count it as part of your work out.
Rework Your Schedule Slightly
- Consider Friday night an important start to the weekend—don’t just crash, if you can help it. Plan something enjoyable and get your relaxation and fun started immediately.
- Don’t leave all the chores from the week for the weekend, since that’s a sure way to kill your fun and suck up time. If you can, schedule a task each week night for 15 to 20 minutes so you’re free and clear come Friday at 5 p.m.
- Don’t sleep your weekend mornings away, at least not entirely. Get your needed ZZZ’s, but fill your days with enjoyable activities, friends, and fun.
- Plan your TV and social media sessions, don’t just mindlessly consume 10 hours of House of Cards. The shows will be there later, but precious weekend time waits for no one.
Let Someone Else Drive
- This one works any time, not just on weekends. Don’t waste time behind the wheel, fighting traffic, and searching for that elusive parking space—hire someone to take care of this.
- If you’re planning a weekend date night, book a car so you can enjoy your night out. No teetotaling required.
- If your friends and family are gearing up for a day trip, it’s easy to charter a bus and split the costs so everyone can relax and enjoy the trip.
- Headed to a meeting during the work day? Use the time in the car to work and prepare, get door-to-door service, and arrive fresh and on time. Forget traffic and parking hassles. You just saved an hour of your day.
Need a Ride?
As Seattle’s local transportation experts, our professional, friendly drivers have been making weekends better for busy people for nearly 30 years. We’re best known for our iconic Sea-Tac Airport van service, but we do it all—luxury cars, large and small coaches, private vans. We partner with corporations, hotels, meeting planners, or anyone who needs reliable, comfortable transportation with a friendly attitude.
Whether your company needs VIP black car service or group transportation for your team on the weekends or during the work week, our experienced, caring staff and drivers will make it happen. Reach us at email@example.com.